Vegetable Fajita Quesadillas
Author: Chef Shosh
Serves: 3 Quesadillas
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 zucchini cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 large 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack or pepper jack cheese
- In a medium sauté pan, cook bell peppers, zucchini and olive oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice, salt and cayenne once veggies are slightly tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat a grill pan on medium heat and lay one tortilla flat on the pan (no need to grease the pan). Immediately sprinkle ½ cup of cheese evenly over tortilla and evenly spread about ⅓ of veggie mixture over the cheese and place second tortilla over the top.
- Use a spatula to lightly press down on the quesadilla.
- After two 2 minutes, flip to opposite side and grill for another two minutes or until both sides have brown grill marks and cheese is completely melted.
- Be careful not to burn tortillas.
- Repeat steps for remaining two quesadillas.
- Slice into quarters and serve hot with guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo.