Riced Cauliflower Risotto With Peas
Author: Chef Eli
Recipe type: Italian
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 3 cups cauliflower raw, riced
- ½ vegetable broth, reduced sodium
- ⅓ cup half and half
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, sauté shallots in butter for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for additional 2 minutes.
- Add dry white wine to deglaze and scrape bits from bottom of pan and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, vegetable broth, dried rosemary, salt and pepper, and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in half and half and parmesan cheese until evenly coated.
- Gently toss in frozen peas and remove from heat. Place lid on the Dutch oven for 3 minutes until peas are hot and then serve.