French Apple Cake
Author: Chef Eli
- ¾ cup all purpose flower, unbleached
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅔ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted, room temperature
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into ½" chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp rum, unflavored
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9.5" pie dish with butter and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, butter, vanilla extract, rum, and lemon zest.
- Fold apple chunks into the wet mixture.
- Gently fold in the dry mixture, taking extra care not to over mix. Once everything is evenly combined, pour into pie dish and bake for approximately an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and slice. Enjoy!