Classic Snickerdoodle Cookies
Author: Chef Shosh
Serves: 2 Dozen Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix butter, shortening, 1½ cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter and shortening mixture.
- Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 inch spoonfuls of dough into the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake about 8 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately.