Warm Mediterranean White Bean Salad
Author: Chef Eli
Recipe type: Main Course
- 4 tbsp EVOO
- 1 large fennel bulb, roughly chopped into approximately 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2.5 cups canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, for garnish
- 1 tbsp EVOO, for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan on medium/high heat, sauté the fennel in the EVOO for about 5 minutes until it softens.
- Add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Turn heat down to low. Add grape tomatoes, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, white beans, dry white wine, rosemary, lemon juice and zest, honey, salt, and pepper, and stir periodically for about 20 minutes until the alcohol has cooked out and there is a thin tomato sauce coating the beans.
- Remove from heat and garnish with EVOO and rosemary sprigs.