Vegan Mushroom Medley Soup
Author: Chef Eli
- 4 tbsp EVOO, plus more for garnish
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 large portabello mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme, tied together by cooking twine, plus more for garnish
- 1 can coconut cream (you can use coconut milk instead)
- 2 cups water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven, saute red onion in EVOO about five minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and saute another two minutes.
- Pour in dry white wine and scrape bits from bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Add the bunch of thyme, coconut cream, water, salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove thyme. Blend soup with a hand immersion blender until almost completely smooth.
- Garnish with EVOO and fresh thyme sprigs.