Sinful Chocolate Toffee Matzah
Author: Chef Shosh
Serves: 10 Servings
- 5 square sheets of matzah
- 2 sticks of butter/margarine (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover two large baking sheets with foil.
- Please parchment paper over foil on both baking sheets.
- Place two and a half sheets of matzah on each prepared baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter on medium heat and add brown sugar.
- Whisk constantly until it begins to boil.
- Once it begins to boil, continue whisking for about 5 more minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture evenly over matzah on both pans.
- Place pans in oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over coated matzah and allow to melt for about three minutes.
- Once chocolate has melted, use a spatula to spread chocolate evenly over each piece of matzah.
- Sprinkle nuts and sea salt over melted chocolate.
- Chill pans in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove matzah from pans and break into bite-sized pieces.