Matzah Fritters (Bimuelos)
Author: Chef Eli
- 1 box Matzah
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp plus ¼ cup white sugar for garnish
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tbsp cinnamon for garnish
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Break Matzah into small pieces and place into a large bowl. Pour warm water over the Matzah and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze excess water out of bowl.
- Add eggs, salt, 3 tbsp white sugar, and 1 tbsp cinnamon to the Matzah and stir until evenly combined. The Matzah will break down into smaller pieces.
- Pour oil into large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, pour heaping spoonfuls of the batter into the oil. Cook each side of the fritter for approximately 3 minutes.
- Place fritters on paper towels to drain and garnish with more sugar and cinnamon.